What Can I Donate?
Our purpose as a Scrapstore is take donations of clean/unused waste materials and so divert reusable/recyclable items from landfill in order to be repurposed.
The MKPA Scrapstore is a charity, not a charity shop.
We accept a wide range of craft items and clean/unused waste material. Here are the types of items we can accept:
- All varieties of yarn and thread, including knitting, weaving, sewing, crocheting, rug making.
- Fabrics: we can only currently accept large pieces of fabric or fabric on the roll. No small scraps please – use these for your own projects!
- All types of beads and buttons
- End of line / damaged stock
- Toys, Games, Arts and Crafts materials
- Shop Samples /Window displays/fittings
- Film Pots-Canisters (Plastic) -Plastic Pots-Sweet Jars (Plastic Not Glass)
- Tape-Cassette Cases/Disc Boxes-Plastic Buckets-Mushroom Containers
- Cardboard Drums-Plastic Drums-Plastic Containers-Sweet / Biscuit / Tobacco Tins
- DAT Boxes-Ice Cream Tubs With Lids
- Corrugated Paper (Rolls)
- Cardboard boxes
- Paper rolls/unused printer paper
- Acetate/Vinyl – Rolls / Trim
- Aerosol Lids (Unused Bulk Batches)
- Used water cooler bottles
- Calendars (Current Only!)
- Diaries (Current Only!)
- Unwanted branded paper/writing pads
- Rolls of paper
Please be advised most scrapstores are inundated with lever arch files.
Perhaps it would be worth trying Freecycle? Find out more
Your donated scrap can be used in so many ways, helping so many children.
- Card/Mounting card
- Card Decorating items
- Decorative stamps
- Decoupage paper
- Jewellery making accessories
- Artificial flowers/greenery
- Floristry wire/wreaths
- Sewing equipment/ cotton/sequins/fringing/buttons
- Knitting/crochet items
- Clean/undamaged plastic animal figures/dinosaurs
- Christmas decorations / party items
- Valentines Day/St Patricks Day/St Georges Day/St Andrews Day decorations / party items
- Mothers Day/Fathers Day decorations etc
- Wedding/Birthday decorations / party items
- Event decorations / drapings / party items
- Unused paint – samples or tins
- Unused wallpaper
- Tiles – wall or floor / vinyl or ceramic
- Foam packaging/sheets
Do you have items not shown on our list, but think they are clean/unused items though could be repurposed? We do consider household clearance items and other items not on the list.
Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org