Some of the many benefits from joining MKPA include:
- access to our professional play service;
- reduced charges for our training courses;
- full access to our Scrapstore and to our extensive collection of outdoor play equipment;
- play-related guidance and advice for those who work with children and young adults.
There are many other benefits, including reduced fees for meeting room hire, administration services (such as photocopying and lamination), and reduced fees for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. Schools put Scrapshacks in their grounds and we fill them with new resources every term.
Membership rates are as follows:
- Individuals, child-minders, families – £10
- Community groups, afterschool clubs, youth groups, uniformed groups, faith groups, residential homes, children’s centres, small schools with pupil numbers under 100 – £25
- Schools and private nurseries with more than 100 pupils – £40
To join, become a member here.
JOIN MKPA FROM ONLY £10 PER YEAR
Become a member
Volunteer at MKPA
Donate to MKPA
Every donation we receive is very much appreciated and goes directly to funding our work with children in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
You can donate easily and securely through our localgiving.org page.
- £25 will fund resources for a play session
- £50 will purchase an item of play equipment
- £100 will fund a play worker for a day.
Become a trustee
The main duties would be to attend our monthly board meetings and AGM where we discuss finances, staffing and our plans for the future.
Perhaps the most important qualification for this voluntary role is that you support our core values. Beyond that, we are looking for people who can contribute to the planning and oversight of the organisation.
Being a trustee is not only a great way to contribute but can also be very rewarding – helping individuals to develop their skills, meet new people and build their CV.
If you think this may be of interest, and would like an informal chat with a current trustee, or to find out more about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01908 263033.
Jobs at MKPA
RELIEF PLAY WORKERS
Our Relief Play Workers work occasionally after school and at weekends during school term time assisting us to provide play events across Milton Keynes and surrounding areas.
Ideally you will be over 24 years old and have held a clean driving licence for at least 2 years. However, we are also interested to hear from persons aged 18 years and over who may be able to cover any non-driving duties.
Positions offered are subject to a satisfactory DBS check. Just contact the MKPA office on email@example.com with your details and we can get someone to give you a call.